Monday, April 4, 2011

Premier League Results 4/2 - 4/3

Again I will be using this scoring system to evaluate my predictions.  Let's see how I did:

Arsenal 0 Blackburn 0
OK, Arsenal.  We need to talk.  You are at home against a team that is barely floating above the relegation zone.  You should have scored at least 3 goals and you walk away with none?  That's two points you pissed away and that will come back to haunt you at season-end.  My prediction was a 3-1 victory for the Gunners so -10 pts on the scoring system.

Birmingham 2 Bolton 1
Predicted a 1-1 draw so -10 points again.  The additional 2 points for Birmingham should be enough to pull them clear of relegation.

Everton 2 Aston Villa 2
Predicted a 2-1 Everton win so -10 points.

Newcastle 4 Wolves 1
Predicted a 2-1 victory for the Magpies so +10 points.

Stoke 1 Chelsea 1
Predicted a 2-1 Chelsea victory so -10 points.

West Brom 2 Liverpool 1
Predicted a 2-2 draw (-10 pts).

West Ham 2 Man United 4
Predicted a 2-1 victory for Man United so I was half-right ;).  That gives me +10 points.  United's second-half outburst in this match (I'm referring to their scoring, not their language) improves their projected road performance.  One of their future matches will become a draw instead of a loss and that will have a huge impact on the title race.  More on this in my next post.

Wigan 0 Spurs 0
-10 points as I predicted a 2-1 Spurs victory.

Fulham 3 Blackpool 0
Predicted a 2-1 win for Fulham so +10 points for the correct outcome.

Manchester City 5 Sunderland 0
Expected a 1-0 City victory but got five times the pleasure.  Still only +10 pts for my prediction.

So for the week I ended up with -20 points which is a big improvement over the -80 points I earned from two weeks ago.  I will update the projected table in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment